- Qualifying performance of Division I - Excellent at District Festival
- Choir must be comprised of 17 or more students.
- It is expected that the choir will consist of the same members who performed at District Choir Festival.
- Each choir must perform three selections. District Choral Festival literature requirements apply.
- One selection must be from the approved repertoire list. (click to view MSVMA's Required Repertoire Lists)
- One selection must performed a cappella (without pitched or unpitched musical accompaniment). A cappella selection may include body percussion (clapping, snapping, etc.) as indicated by the score.
- Popular show tunes, vocal jazz, barbershop, gospel, or novelty selections are not to be used.
- Choreography is not allowed.
- State Festival participation includes three components: warm-up, performance and clinic.
- Each component is allocated 15 minutes which includes the time needed to enter and exit the warm-up room, stage or clinic room. Choirs that exceed this time in any of the components may be stopped.
- Every attempt will be made to honor performance date and time request. However, schools sending multiple groups cannot be assured of having them scheduled on the same day.
- Choirs may be scheduled to sing from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Accompanists must have original copies of selections.
- Choirs must provide four original scores of the selections with measures numbered for the adjudicators. Failure to do so will result in a "no final determination" rating.
- Any changes in the literature must be submitted through the online scheduler seven days prior to the first day of the Festival. Changes in repertoire after this date will result in a ‘no final determination’ rating.
Registration is a three step process:
- Registration is completed and submitted online by the deadline.
- One completed and signed registration form postmarked or hand delivered to Scheduling Coordinator by deadline.
- Each ensemble must pay their fee at the time of registration.
- Transfer deadline: January 15
- Application deadline: March 27
Final determination will be assessed by totaling the final scores from the performance adjudicators.
| Division I
||90 - 72
| Division II
||54 - 71
| Division III
||53 - 36
| Division IV
||35 - 18
Participants with a Final Determination of Division I - Excellent or Division II - Good may purchase medals at $4 each.
Student ConductIn signing the registration form, the principal and the director agree to supervise the students from their school to ensure proper conduct at the Festival. Sanctions may be imposed by the MSVMA Executive Board upon schools whose students' behavior is inappropriate.
Fees are $195 per choir. Fees for the UP are $100.
Deadline for registration and payment is March 27, 2018.
Payment should be made by school check or director’s personal check payable to MSVMA and must be postmarked by the deadline.
Fees are non-refundable.
For registration questions, contact State Events Scheduling Coordinator Marge Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks for fees payable to MSVMA with an invoice copy should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 1131
Big Rapids, MI 49307
A signed invoice should be mailed to:
Oxford, MI 48371